Monday, March 7, 2011

Farmer Ky

You might remember back before Christmas, I bought Kyler a Little People Nativity Set to play with. And he loved it. But I had to put it up after Christmas so that each year when we get it out it is a new and exciting thing and I can use it as a learning tool to teach him about what Christmas is all about. Anyway, fast forward a couple months and I found a great deal on a ton of Little People toys. I got 4 sets (barn, school bus, garage, and city) plus a bunch of extra cars and people plus some John Deere tractors and animals for $30 on Craigslist. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. And we got our money's worth that weekend!


Kyler absolutely loves playing with the farm stuff.


He is fascinated by tractors even though he probably hasn't ever seen a real one.


"Great Grandpa Remi, can I please have a ride in your tractor this summer? Pleeeeease?"


Sometimes he even tries to make tractor sounds. But he is really just spitting. Goofy boy!


He put the sheep in (kind of) and is taking it for a ride. I can't believe the stuff he picks up on.


Sometimes he gets so tired playing farm that he has to lie down for a minute.


Lately he has been doing something new. It took us a few days to figure out why he was dropping little toys down his back.


Especially these little wooden puzzle pieces.


There are usually a couple in his shirt every time I change his diaper.


"What, Mom? I don't know why you think this is so strange."


So here's the story: One night I was playing with some of his little cars and driving them up his arms, on his back, across his legs. It was so funny when I would drive them on his back because it was really tickling him. He would laugh and squirm. Well, apparently he is trying to recreate that with other toys. But he can't quite reach. Again, sometimes I can't believe the things this little brain picks up and tries to repeat.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! Love the story about him dropping things down his shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a smart little guy!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!